How do I create a HomeLink Connect account.
Press the "Get Started" button on the HomeLink Connect app initial launch screen and follow the in-app guidance.
How do I program my garage door opener?
Garage door programming instructions are available within the settings menu when logged in to the app or on the opening screen when not logged in. If your phone is connected to a Bluetooth enabled mirror, your app will help you to program your garage door opener to a HomeLink button.
How do I contact support?
I forgot my password, what do I do?
Go to the sign-in screen on the app and click on "Forgot Password". You will then supply your email address and receive an email to reset your password.
How do I change my password?
The change password dialogue is located by clicking on your name on the settings menu and then the "Change Password" button.
How do I delete my account?
The option to delete your account is located by clicking on your name on the settings menu. Once you delete your account, all account data is removed and we are unable to restore it. You will need to create a new account to continue to use HomeLink Connect.
How do I link my smart home accounts?
Go to the settings tab in the HomeLink Connect app and select "smart home accounts". Select the smart home account you wish to link. Once added, the devices associated with your account will populate automatically.
How do I un-link a smart home account?
Go to the settings tab in the HomeLink Connect app and select "smart home accounts". Select the smart home account you wish to un-link. If you un-link an account, the devices associated with the account will no longer be available for HomeLink functions.
How do I add a new device to my existing smart home account in the HomeLink Connect app?
First set up your new device via the native device app. Once your new device is set up, open the HomeLink Connect app and go to the settings tab, and select smart home accounts. Select the smart home account you wish to add a new device. Select "sync account". Your new device will be displayed and you can create a smart home action with the new device.
How do I add a new scene or routine to my existing smart home account in the HomeLink Connect app?
First create the new scene or routine via the native device app. Once your new scene or routine is created, open the HomeLink Connect app and go to the settings tab, and select smart home accounts. Select the smart home account you wish to add the new scene or routine. Select "sync account". Your new scene or routine will be available so you can create a smart home action with the new device.
Why isn't my HomeLink Connect app auto-connecting to my mirror?
HomeLink Connect is designed to auto connect to your mirror so you don't have to initiate a connection every time you want to use your HomeLink button to activate a smart home action. There are some instances when the auto connect function will not work and you will need to initiate a connection from the app. To initiate a connection, select your mirror in the HomeLink Connect app and press the Connect button.
1. Make sure your app is running in the background of your phone. If you force close the app, or if the app closes unexpectedly, you will need to initiate a connection from the app to your mirror.
2. If you turn off Bluetooth on your phone and turn Bluetooth back on, you will need to initiate a connection from the app to your mirror.
3. When Apple and Android phones are in low power mode, the HomeLink Connect app may be closed by the operating system. If this happens you will need to initiate a connection from the app to your mirror.
What's the difference between a "local device" and a "cloud device"?
Many of today’s smart devices for the home can be integrated with via Cloud-based APIs from the device vendor. These Cloud services maintain persistent connections to the end devices in your home. Whenever we can, we integrate with partners via the Cloud.
Some devices are currently only able to be integrated with directly over a local network, they are not persistently Cloud connected. In our current compatible device portfolio, local devices include TP-Link, Belkin Wemo, and (in some cases) Philips Hue. To use a local device with HomeLink Connect you must create a virtual gateway. See the virtual gateway FAQ to learn more.
How do I create a virtual gateway to use a local device?
For HomeLink Connect to be capable of reaching your local devices, you will need to create a dedicated virtual gateway. If you have a tablet or old phone that can be left at home, turned on and plugged in, it can act as a dedicated gateway.
- Connect the device to the same wifi network as the local device.
- Install Yonomi on the dedicated gateway device, login to your Yonomi account if you have one, or create a new account.
- Add your local device to your Yonomi account.
- Open the HomeLink Connect app, and go to "settings" --> "Smart Home Accounts" and link your Yonomi smart account. Your local devices will be available in the HomeLink Connect app via the linked Yonomi account.
Next, you'll need to leave the Yonomi app running in the foreground of the dedicated gateway device. This is required so when you press a HomeLink Connect button, the button will be able to communicate to the local device via the cloud thriough the Yonomi app, If you are using iOS, leaving the screen on (with Yonomi in the foreground) may be necessary to ensure that the Yonomi process does not get de-prioritized.
To do so on iOS tap Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > Never
Additionally, for both platforms — Android and especially iOS, there are some critical settings to verify are set correctly.
For iOS, make sure..
- Yonomi is running on your device. Make sure you're not swiping it out of the app switcher. This will forcefully quit the app and prevent it from running in the background.
- You are logged in to the app. If you are logged out, the app can’t authenticate with our servers to receive the correct data.
- Notifications (via Settings > Notifications) are authorized for Yonomi.
- Background App Refresh (via Settings > General > Background App Refresh) is on for Yonomi.
- Your device is NOT in Low Power Mode (via Settings > Battery).
- If you're on iOS 11, make sure you're using iOS 11.1 or newer.
For Android, make sure..
- Yonomi is running on your device.
- You are logged in to the app. If you are logged out, the app can’t reach authenticate with our servers to receive the correct data.
- Battery Saver is disabled (via Settings > Battery > Battery Saver)